Meditation is your inner journey towards self-realisation. The idea of meditation is not to tune out, but to tune in. Meditation is a mindful exercise where you relax, focus, concentrate and align your thoughts to enter into a deep state of transcendence.
The ultimate objective of each technique is to enter into the deepest state of meditation called transcendence or samadhi (in Sanskrit). It is only in transcendence (delta) state that one can create a new and different reality and change karma at DNA level, Soul level, Akashic record (your balance sheet of karmas) & from the subtle body. While following a technique of meditation, your mind focuses on the road map that eventually leads the brain to relax and lower its frequency. Initially, as you relax, you enter into an alpha state (7-14 Hz) and the next deeper states are theta (4 – 7 Hz) and delta (0.5 – 3.9 Hz).
Delta is the brain frequency when you are sleeping very deep or snoring. With regular practice of meditation, one can go deep into awareness while in a delta state. This is the true yogic state of bliss and highest realization. While meditating, we become consciously aware of the alpha state, and possibly the theta state and we have to have a rigorous practice of deep meditation and dedication to become consciously aware during the delta brainwave state.
The delta brainwave rhythm is known to completely rejuvenate, replenish, and heal the entire body and brain. Even for a normal person during sleep, delta brainwave revives the body after a hard day by regenerating necessary chemicals. Due to the deepest levels of relaxation that the delta brainwave provides, the body and mind are easily able to restore themselves after stress and rigorous workout.
Delta brainwaves lead to perfect intuition. This state acts as a bridge between the conscious and unconscious mind and if you are able to master it, then you will consciously be able to control the unconscious mind. The subconscious becomes activated and you are able to synchronize creativity (right side of the brain) and logical left brain together to get the best results. When we are in Delta brainwave, our pineal gland gets activated which further stimulates our pituitary gland in the brain which in turn, is able to release human- growth hormone, thus, repairing the body.
After you gain a lot of meditation experience, you can eventually learn how to shift your brainwaves from the beta range (14 to 28 Hz per second), first to the pleasant calmness of the alpha state, into the extraordinary theta range and with great sadhana (intense practices) and mindful practices, eventually go in awareness in the delta state where you can change your past, present and have a wonderful future.
Meditation and diseases
It has been found that there is a unique scientific link between your thoughts, emotions, memories and illnesses. Over the years, several studies have proven that diseases tend to be a manifestation of biological programs in the subconscious and unconscious mind, like ‘feeling of intellectual unworthiness because of getting low grades’, may lead to cervical and shoulder pain; ‘feeling of lack of love and support from mother or father’ – may lead to heart issues or lower back pain; ‘I am unable to digest the humiliation and abuse’ – may lead to digestive issues.
If you focus on the emotions and programs stored in the source memory, you will invariably find, for example, that a person with diabetes has a lot of inner fighting going on within them; a person with digestive issues would have a lot of anger, humiliation and anxiety; a person with back pain has experienced feelings of financial unworthiness or is overburdened because of feeling lack of support, and so on. With deep meditation, one is able to bridge the gap between the conscious and unconscious mind and resolve issues from the source.
What are the benefits of mindfulness?
Mindfulness means that you become aware of the present moment. When you inculcate meditation in your life, you become more mindful and it is only with mindfulness that one can have purity in thoughts, actions and words. Mindfulness meditation helps one to instil virtues and morality which elevates one to a state of inner bliss.
True mindfulness is only achievable by healing the source of the issue causing the pattern of thoughts and emotions. With regular practice of mindfulness meditation, together with karma healing from the source, one is able to truly experience absolute inner peace, joy and success in life.
Health benefits of a daily practice
Harvard Medical School has conducted studies on the health benefits of daily meditation which revealed some amazing conclusions
- Physical fitness – this was a natural benefit out of daily meditations. Meditation is instrumental in cleaning the mind of negative thoughts and stress, which in turn amplifies the rewards of workouts. If our minds are clouded with negative and stressful contemplations, there are very poor chances of us benefitting from any workout regime. Meditation helps in removing the emotional conflicts and limiting beliefs and provides constant motivation to the mind and body to keep going further and further ahead.
- Focus & attention – Meditation is not about controlling your thoughts. It’s about not being under the control of your thoughts. Research on meditation and its effects on focus and attention have shown how meditation improved focus because of being able to lower brain frequency. The response to external stimuli by our sense organs gets heightened with the regular practice of meditation.
- Stronger immunity- It can lead to a boosted immune system since the delta brainwaves are associated with the healing and rejuvenation of the body. Stress and too much anxiety can harm the immune system by releasing harmful chemicals such as adrenaline and cortisol hormones.
Meditation as psychotherapy
In order to bring a deep inner transformation, meditation has been found to be ideal. The practice of going inwards focused attention, alignment of thoughts, greater awareness and self-surrendering enables one to let go of damaging preoccupation with one problematic life. A shift happens from within with increased practice of meditation, where one can observe themselves from a neutral perspective and disentangle from sabotaging thoughts and emotions. This distancing has been found to be most effective by cognitive behavioural therapists, giving great respite in psychotherapy.
Meditation and well-being
In a world of constant battles for survival, the need for general well-being becomes imperative. A lot of times people consider meditation to being an experience of “losing yourself”. In actuality, meditation is about “finding your true self”. You are in charge of yourself to a greater extent rather than being powerless when you train your mind & body to such levels of mindfulness. When you are in a meditative state, it is a powerful state where you have deep awareness which allows you to get answers and resources. You are also able to balance your left and right lobes of the brain to have greater intuition, clarity, decision-making abilities and focus.
Benefits on mental health
- Decreases Levels of Stress
- Improves Emotional Intelligence (EI) skills
- Helps combat anxiety and treat depression
- Relieves symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Help treat addictions
- Decreases emotional reactivity and increases resilience
- Improves self-esteem & subjective well-being
- Decreases binge eating and emotional eating
- Increases the cortical thickness of the brain which improves a person’s decision-making abilities.
Delta Brainwaves is a state that enhances the spirit chord above the crown. The spirit chord is our energetic channel with the universal cosmic energy. Therefore, the enhanced connection between body and spirit is a natural benefit of regular meditation. When you are trained to alter your brain frequency to a Delta state (0.5 to 4 Hz per second), which normally is in a beta state (14 to 28 Hz per second), you may experience out-of-body experiences or astral travel. You will also be able to connect with metaphysical energies such as spirit guides, angels, E.S.P and other phenomena in the delta brainwave range.
Physical health benefits
- Improves Quality of sleep & helps overcome insomnia
- Improves overall heart health
- Strengthens the Immune System
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps heal chronic pain
- Increases energy levels
- Slows the body’s ageing process
- Helps treat migraine & headaches
How does it help with stress?
Delta brainwaves help to lower the stress level by the release of powerful healing hormones such as DHEA, Melatonin, growth hormones and oxytocins. Meditation helps to align the left-brain hemisphere which is the logical brain and the right-brain hemisphere which is the creative brain that will help you to take the best decisions in life.
Benefits for anxiety and depression
The biological programming of our body & mind that kick-starts a stress trigger can be traced to its roots, to unlock knots in the mind, through the process of meditation. All we need to do is tune in to the unconscious mind, which works at a low brain frequency, with the help of the right meditation technique to manage stress.
Meditation helps to de-clutter the mind and move forward with mindfulness. The sad and depressive feelings stored in the source memory of the issues are a result of associations the mind has made with them. A meditative state is the only frequency at which emotional toxins can be released, to come out of the fight-flight mode.
When one practices deep meditation and trains the brain to be in delta frequency and even beyond in transcendence, our brain releases oxytocin hormone responsible for strengthening the bond in a relationship. This is the same hormone released during childbirth that strengthens the bond between the mother and child. This is the hormone that makes a relationship blissful. Studies have revealed how people who practised meditation showed greater levels of compassion, empathy and ability to forgive, which in turn resulted in harmonious relationships.
In conclusion, it can rest assured that meditation is truly a gift you can give yourself. This is one journey that you embark on only to find that the distance between you and your final destination actually never existed. You are everything you could ever be, in the NOW.
Types of meditation
- Mindfulness meditation
- Mantra healing meditation
- Relaxation meditation
- Yoga meditation
- Samadhi 8th chakra meditation
- Kundalini awakening meditation
- Pure consciousness relaxation meditation
- Inner child healing meditation
- Family consciousness karma healing meditation
- Ancestral defects (pitru dosha) healing meditation
- Mantra healing meditation
- Forgiveness meditation
- Chakra healing and aura cleansing meditation
- Healing light meditation
- Divine magic manifestation meditation
- Tara mantra meditation for divine blessings & abundance
- Prosperity consciousness meditation
- Karma charging breath meditation
- Seed mantra and chakra healing meditation
- Bliss meditation